Know your gear inside out !
Scuba diving is an equipment intensive sport so it makes sense that all divers should understand the basic operation and know how to clean and maintain their Scuba gear. Such a small thing as a broken mask strap or fin buckle can prevent you from diving, yet if you know how to carry a spare and how to fix it at the dive site your day won't be spoiled.
Our PADI Equipment Specialty is a non-diving course, which looks at how Scuba equipment works, its maintenance and care, and compares and contrasts different makes and models, discussing what set-up is suitable for your individual diving requirements. It's a fantastic course for all levels of divers, from beginners through to instructor level.
What You Learn
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
· Equipment Specialty Certification Card
To make your Certification card special, consider making a donation to PADI® Project Aware