Find it and retrieve it!
Are you looking for something different? Would you like to learn how to find and then lift ‘treasure' from the ocean floor? Our PADI Search & Recovery course is heaps of fun and offers new challenges and skills, not found on your typical dive course.
We look at the planning and procedures of search and recovery diving. In many cases, treasures are often in low-visibility sites so navigation techniques, search patterns and use of lines and reels are practised. Then we finish with the proper techniques and safety considerations for recovery of objects using various lifting devices.
What You Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
· PADI Search & Recovery Manual
· 3 Dives
· Air fills (for entire course)
· Hire of BCD, Regulator and Tank
· Search & Recovery Specialty Certification Card
To make your Certification card special, consider making a donation to PADI® Project Aware