Why some creatures behave the way they do
The Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is one that should interest nearly every diver, as the reason most people dive is to observe the aquatic environment. It makes diving so much more interesting if you know what you're looking at and why it's at that particular site.
The Underwater Naturalist Course is an introduction to the aquatic environment and will help develop safe and responsible aquatic life interaction techniques, as well as teaching you how to identify our local marine creatures.
You'll learn underwater naturalist dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and about potential problems. We guarantee our instructors' passion for the aquatic world will rub off on you during this course and every dive after will be even more enjoyable.
What You Learn
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
· PADI Underwater Naturalist Diver Manual
· 2 Dives
· Air fills (for entire course)
· Hire of BCD, Regulator and Tank
· Underwater Naturalist Specialty Certification Card
To make your Certification card special, consider making a donation to PADI® Project Aware