Don’t get lost again
How many times have you surfaced away from the boat or shore exit point and then had a long swim ahead of you? Most people will readily agree that underwater navigation is much more difficult than on land, yet other than the basic navigation training in the Open Water, the majority of divers have not taken any further training in underwater navigation.
Knowing where you are underwater translates into confidence, efficiency and most importantly - safety. The PADI Underwater Navigation Specialty course teaches you the techniques to become an efficient underwater navigator and thus a better diver.
What You Learn
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
· PADI Underwater Navigator Manual
· 2 Dives
· Air fills (for entire course)
· Hire of BCD, Regulator and Tank
· Underwater Navigator Specialty Certification Card
To make your Certification card special, consider making a donation to PADI® Project Aware